One of the biggest advantages of creative lead generation: Your leads are usually of higher quality. That’s because you inspire your potential customers right from the start with the way you collect their data and give them added value even before they contact you.
Nothing works without lead generation
Lead generation is the goal of successful digital marketing. Because without conversion, you could save yourself the many blogs, videos and your social media activities. The art is to convert your website visitors and prospects into a high-quality lead.
But before a potential customer gives you their personal data and permission to “delight” them with information about your product or service, you have to earn their trust.
Three phases are defined in inbound marketing:
- Awareness phase (Awareness), in which you provide your customers with value-added offers such as blogs, e-books, videos or podcasts
- Consideration phase (Consideration), in which you interact with your customer. For this purpose, you offer him whitepapers, demo videos, webinars or an interactive quiz – with landing page and CTA for your product.
- Decision phase (Decision), in which you inspire your customer. Your sales department will get in touch with your lead personally with the support of factsheets, product sheets, demos or test accesses.
According to a Searchmetrics study, 80 percent of all Customer Journey users are in the awareness and consultation phase. The fact is that many companies underestimate the awareness and consultation phase when generating leads.
That’s why it’s called: content, content, content to attract enough prospects to your website. Lead generation that is fun for the user increases the success rate.
E-mail addresses: the basis for lead generation
The classic way to generate leads is to use web forms to obtain data about your potential customer, which you then use for your marketing campaign. In addition to address and telephone number, the e-mail address is the most important information for lead generation.
It enables you to communicate with your potential customer personally, quickly and cost-effectively. Once the e-mail address has been collected, automated marketing campaigns can be launched that convert prospects into customers.
Set new impulses with creative lead generation methods
The classic lead generation methods have now been learned and are still successful. However, they have long since ceased to be as extraordinary as they were in the beginning, when content marketing was not yet a concept and users were happy to receive exclusive knowledge only for their e-mail address.
More exciting are now creative, interactive methods, such as quizzes, competitions (also on Facebook and trade fairs etc.), Captcha Ads, calculators (for example on salary), interactive tests on topics such as psyche, love, future, job etc., interactive guides, surveys and interactive graphics.
Right from the start, an interaction with the potential customer is established. He receives direct added value. In addition, quizzes and playful tests lead to a higher level of commitment from potential customers or customers. You wouldn’t believe how strong the play and competition drive is.
You can’t help but take part! Besides quizzes and interactive tests, there are other interesting interactive lead generation tools:
- These include, for example, interactive Advent calendars, where the customer opens a new door every day and receives discounts, offers or products and services during the Christmas season.
- Also interesting are calculators that website users can use to calculate certain values, such as salary, break-even or fee calculators.
- Especially popular are soccer betting games. To participate, users leave their contact details and can compare their soccer knowledge with thousands of other fans.
3 examples of creative, interactive lead generation
Example 1: The Quiz
Cleverly designed, quizzes, for example, offer a meaningful approach to playfully query customer knowledge and thus their status within the Customer Journey. But not only that: You can also use online tests and quizzes to check which knowledge and messages have reached your employees or your customers – or which information gaps still need to be filled. Or you can organize a challenge and have departments and branches play against each other.
This kills two birds with one stone: You bind your quiz participants even more closely to you and ensure that they develop their knowledge or skills even further. On the customer side, you increase customer satisfaction and save the customer from calling the hotline one or two times because of the knowledge gained in the quiz.
Quizzes are also a real traffic booster for your website and are great for generating leads! In the HR area you strengthen your team and it is fun for them! That’s why quizzes or tests are among the most successful tools in online marketing, while at the same time being very cost effective.
Example 2: Facebook sweepstakes
In addition to the possibility of using sweepstakes on your website and in classic newsletter marketing, Facebook sweepstakes are worthwhile for the growth of your Facebook community and for lead generation. With 1.56 billion active users daily, Facebook is the number one platform worldwide for reaching your target group.
With Facebook Sweepstakes you have the opportunity to generate three basic types of leads:
- Instead of rewarding existing customers with prizes, you can construct a raffle that helps you find customers before they buy from you. To do this, you need to create content that addresses the needs that your product or service solves.
- Secondly, you can use a competition that asks for insights about your brand to find the customers who stand behind you the most.
- Third: Especially for companies with many offers and product launches, competitions for individual product groups are worth their weight in gold. With a raffle, you can direct the interest to a specific offer and find out which one is the most popular.
Example 3: Captcha Ads
Not yet seen so often, although on the market for several years, the advertising format is captcha ads. With the captcha-ads advertising format, the user is involved in a question-answer game and, based on this, he receives content that matches his interests.
The format combines branding goals with interactive lead generation and helps advertisers to create valuable profiles.
Instead of paying in cash, the user receives a video spot, where he answers a question at the end of the commercial, for example to read an article further.
Car manufacturer Mitsubishi is testing the captcha ad journey format by asking the user about his or her purchasing intentions, financing wishes and the appropriate vehicle type.
Five proven variants for the conception of an online quiz
You have never developed a quiz before? We introduce you to five different quiz variations!
- Yes/No: You ask questions that the quiz participants answer with YES and NO. Goal: In the end, there is a certain number of yes answers. Depending on the number of answers, the user will receive a rating and a classification in a category. Good example: An online based burnout test with immediate results.
- Assignment: You ask your questions, multiple answers are possible. In advance, you define four different result types/trends and adjust them to the possible answers. Your goal: At the end of the quiz, your user will receive the answer to the question, for example, which type of vacation or leisure time he is.
- Multiple-choice: You create a quiz with questions for which there are multiple answers. Only one of them is correct in each case. The more correct answers, the higher the score. Examples: Knowledge tests, driving school tests, etc.
- True/false: You ask questions that can only be answered with true or false. The more correct answers, the more points.
- Forwarding to the product page: In order to show your user the right product and to increase sales, you use a quiz to find out what he needs. Example: Which suit type are you? By answering a few questions, you can easily determine the need and direct it directly to your store to start the sales process.
Regardless of the method or variant you choose for your quiz, you should always check the e-mail address of the participants before displaying the quiz results.
7 tips for quiz design
- Create meaningful quizzes or tests that add value to the participants and are directly related to your product or service!
- Provide the necessary fun factor, for example by not using text answers, but working with pictures as answer options!
- Already the first impression counts! Think of a seductive cover photo with a surprising factor. Use tempting headlines. The user must directly understand the added value for himself. Even if the content is factual, the presentation should trigger emotionally.
- You have two ways to collect leads with an online quiz: Either you link participation in the test to the submission of the e-mail address or, and this is the more easily converted option, the participant receives his result or an incentive after filling out the contact form.
- Create a converting landing page. The focus is on a short and concise description of what you offer in addition to the quiz result. The user must grasp the message at a glance. All in all, the landing page follows the motto “less is more”. The main headlines, the most important features, eye-catching call-to-actions, one or two visuals and trustworthy elements such as logos, testimonials or test seals are sufficient.
- Use cooperation with influencers and experts to increase the conversion of your quiz. Quiz topics could be, for example: Ten questions from a beauty blogger on daily skin cleansing, Monk testing your resilience, Bob the Builder asking ten questions on how to install your water connections.
- What is important in the end: added value, added value and again added value!
Conclusion: Increase your conversion rate with creative, interactive lead generation!
Even though many companies are gradually discovering or using content marketing and lead generation for themselves – potential customers have been used to exchanging their contact data for content for some years now.
Stand out with creative digital lead generation, position yourself as a pioneer and multiply your conversion rate! In the end, you will certainly enjoy creating an exciting quiz more than just a simple landing page.